When we plan a home and the interiors and exteriors of our home today, many of us like to keep in mind ways to make our home more eco friendly. This is because most of us today realize the need of a more sustainable living as there has already been a severe degradation in our environment. Human activities are one of the main causes of the harm caused to the environment. There are many ways that human activity impacts the environment negatively. The large scale impact is caused by agriculture, industry, usage of fossil fuels, transport and manufacturing of consumer products. However small, everyday activities also negatively impact the environment and we must do everything we can to save the environment.
Eco Friendly Garden Furniture
Many of us like to lounge in our gardens after a long day or on weekends. Also gardens are excellent venues to have parties in. For all of this we need garden furniture. There are many types of garden furniture that are available in the market. As we have just mentioned above that many of us like to be more eco friendly while designing the interiors and exteriors of the house, eco friendly garden furniture is an excellent idea. The following are ways in which we can make our garden furniture more eco friendly:
- Buying old furniture and restoring it is an excellent idea. Also one can restore the old furniture that they already have for their garden. By using eco friendly paints and getting the help of a carpenter one can design really beautiful garden furniture that is made from old furniture. Old furniture can be bought at garage sales and antique shops.
- Instead of cleaning and polishing the old furniture using chemical products, one can use many homemade natural products that give the same results but are more eco friendly in nature. Use eco friendly polishing products with no harmful chemicals in them.
- One can also make lampshades using eco friendly products for the garden and use LED lights which conserve energy and last longer.
- Do not use plastic furniture for the garden as plastic is a non degradable material and is not eco friendly. Another material used in garden furniture one must avoid is metal. Metal furniture is not very eco friendly as compared to other options that are available in the market.
- Wooden Furniture is a good option for the garden. It looks beautiful in the garden with plants and trees around it and also is very eco friendly as compared to other options mentioned. The wooden furniture in the garden is eco friendly only if one buys it from a furniture company that ensures sustainable sourcing of the wood.
- Another way of making garden furniture is to make or buy garden furniture made of recycled materials. There are many innovative ways to make furniture out of recycled material and again you can take the help of a carpenter to make them. Also there are shops and stores that sell furniture that is made of recycled material.
- Also there are cotton eco friendly furniture covers, cushions and upholstery available in the market for your garden furniture. Using these will make the furniture in the garden even more eco friendly.
These might seem small and even trivial ways to protect the environment. But if all of us contribute in these small ways by making some changes in the house or initially itself buying eco friendly products for the house then together we can contribute a lot to make our environment healthier and promote a more sustainable living.