Being Eco Friendly
One of the most popular trends today is to become more eco friendly in one’s life. This is because there is a growing need to conserve and protect the environment that we live in to sustain itself in the future. Many human activities like overuse of fossil fuels, cutting down of vast forest areas and many more such activities have resulted in an acute need to do whatever we can to reduce the carbon footprint which means try and use clean energy sources and not harm the environment in any way.
Basically all human beings today need to contribute towards conservation of our environment and improving the health of the environment. This is because we have already started seeing the ill effects of global warming, climate change, changes in weather patterns, extreme natural disasters in areas that are generally not associated with those kinds of natural disasters and also pollution and destruction of habitat that is impacting the lives of human beings as well as the life of plants, birds and animals that share our planet with us.
One can do simple things in order to contribute towards the environment. For example people can have many eco friendly items that they can buy for a more sustainable home décor.
The following are some of the Eco friendly Items for a more Sustainable Home Décor:
- Plant plenty of trees and plants in the garden or outside the house. Also keep different types of indoor plant pots in the house that make the house look charming and also plants inside the house absorb the carbon dioxide and let out oxygen which naturally purifies the house atmosphere.
- Always use eco friendly paints for the house décor. These have no VOCs as VOCs can be harmful for the environment as well as for the health of the people living in the house.
- Use eco friendly LED lighting for the entire house. It is cost effective as it lasts much longer that conventional lighting and also it is very environmentally friendly as it uses much less energy as compared to regular conventional light bulbs.
- One can use eco friendly personal care items like eco friendly soaps and shampoos as well as eco friendly cleaning agents.
- The furniture that we use in the home décor can also be eco friendly. For example we can use sustainable eco friendly bamboo furniture in our homes. Also many furniture manufacturers are a part of the sustainable lumber and forest movements all over the world. Buying furniture from them is a good idea.
- Also many home décor items like lamps, furniture, show pieces are made out of materials that are recycled. Recycled materials use the same available materials again and again and thus help save resources and energy.
- Large windows in areas that have good amount of sunlight save the use of lights in the house. Also large windows look really good with the home décor of the house as the home looks brighter and less stuffy.
- Avoid the usage of plastics and non renewable items when one designs the home décor of the house. Use appliances that save energy like kitchen appliances that have energy star rating given to them as they save energy.
When one designs the home décor of the house one must keep in mind the style and look of the house that they want and also while making decisions on home décor items try and use sustainable eco friendly items as it helps conserver the environment and also reduce the your carbon footprint.